Friday, October 9, 2015

Rest in Peace, Chef Paul

A New Orleans icon passed away today. Paul Prudhomme, a chef who helped put New Orleans cuisine on the map, is no longer with us. Without him, I have a hard time imagining Tony Chachere's or Zataran's becoming national brands. We wouldn't know who Emeril Lagasse was, probably. Well, we in the South would, but no one else.

So I'm going to just say a few things:
1) If he was killed by a supernatural being, be warned, monster. I will hunt you down and kill you and serve your heart up Creole style with a side of fried okra.
2) If he was turned into a vampire or a zombie, I will hold off on killing him long enough to see if he still can whip up a mean blackened redfish dish. If he can, I'll be tempted to spare him.
3) If he's a ghost, he can haunt my kitchen any day.
4) If he's lucky enough to be resting in peace, here's to tasting your savory magic spice in Heaven some day.

So let's all raise a locally sourced blackened redfish mufaletta in his honor.

Stay hungry, Strangers, and stay strange!
-Steve

3 comments:

  1. RIP Paul.

    He will be missed. I hear the funeral is going to be a closed casket. I don't think we've been told all the details of what has happened. Particularly as the funeral isn't going to be at St Pat's but rather an 'ecumenical service' at by Crosby Funeral Director's at their parlor.

    I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it Steve, I'm hoping to make the funeral, if you see me there remind me I have that $50.00 from Freddy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Paul.

    He will be missed. I hear the funeral is going to be a closed casket. I don't think we've been told all the details of what has happened. Particularly as the funeral isn't going to be at St Pat's but rather an 'ecumenical service' at by Crosby Funeral Director's at their parlor.

    I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it Steve, I'm hoping to make the funeral, if you see me there remind me I have that $50.00 from Freddy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into it. That is interesting about the closed casket and the funeral.

      Also, I don't think I know a Freddy. What did that guy who gave you money look like? Did he say anything about why he had $50 for me? Just to be safe, if you see me at the funeral, don't give me the money just in case someone is watching to see who you give the fifty bucks to top find out who I am.

      Delete