Sunday, January 29, 2017

An Apology for My Absence and An Observation on Many Absences

Hey Strangers!

I know it's been a long time since I've updated, and for that I apologize. I've been away, leaving you in the dark regarding all things that lurk in the dark, and that's not right. I apologize for that to.

The truth is, since that strange night about a year ago with all the ice all over St. Louis Cathedral (and those busted doors that I maintain no human could have made: see my post on an abominable snowman attack from last year), New Orleans hasn't been quite as strange. I mean, sure there's been crazy stuff, but not as much.

Also, I've been on dates with a girl and that's been keeping me busy too. She's cool and I've done all the tests. Not a vampire, not a werewolf, not a ghost. None of that madness. Just a cool lady who recognizes talent when she sees it.

Unlike those hacks at the SyFy network who sent me an e-mail saying they were interested in doing a show based on my blog, and then when I e-mail them they act like they've never heard of me. Jerks.

But then, THEN things started getting weird again. Missing persons on the rise, but here's the strange part. So are homelessness and John/Jane Doe cases. And I mean, crazy people John/Jane Does. A lot of them don't even know what year it is. Some don't even know what century it is.

You want to know what I think? Of course you do. Otherwise you wouldn't be reading my blog. I think the ghosts of the dead are rising up and possessing people. The possession changes their appearances in subtle ways and that's why no one recognizes these John and Jane Does. It's also why a lot of them talk like it's still the 1800s and say crazy things like, "Dear heavens! What invisible devil is pulling that carriage?" The ghosts don't know what they've missed, see?

So why are all of the dead rising up and possessing people? Unrest. That's my theory. Ghosts are driven by unfinished business, which is fueled by unresolved emotions. I'm sure you've noticed people all over the US have a lot of emotional baggage they aren't really resolving too well. The excess emotion welling up is attracting the ghosts who feed on emotion to help them fuel their quest to resolve things that went unsaid (and I know a lot of people these days have a lot they are thinking and not saying, you know what I'm saying?)

In other words, we're so angry lately and it keeps building and building unresolved, and it's like we put out ghost bait who, being fueled by unresolved emotions, are drawn to us, and are jumping into bodies left and right, probably on promises of doing whatever it is that we keep not doing because... whatever.

That's my theory. What do you guys think is causing all the missing persons and the strange vagrants?

Share your theories in the comments!
Stay Strange,
-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment